Thursday, December 16, 2010

One step back two steps forward!

Today was a ROUGH day. It was the first day I watched Brooklyn fail, and I couldn't do anything about it.
We went to the ear, nose, and throat doctor today to see if Brooklyn needed tubes in her ears. She was FantAStic for the doctor!! She sat all by herself in the solo clinic chair, sideways might I add. She let the doctor look in both ears without me having to hold her and offered the doctor some of her treats. They took us into a little room with a little dog, an elephant, and a clapping monkey. They told me not to help Brooklyn at all when the animals would randomly go off. So we sat in this dark small room and waited for the noises. I could hear them go off about five seconds before she would turn her head towards the noise..... It was tempting to cheat and kind of give her the nudge of where the sound was. BUT what would that do??? I felt like a bad mom for not knowing she couldnt hear us half the time. Instead I assumed she was just ignoring us.... I still wouldnt put it past her.... LITTLE MISS ATTITUDE!!!!! So the surgery is scheduled next week at the hopsital where I work. Which is a relief. I know all the nurses, all the doctors, and if I want to I can go in and watch the surgery.
I can't wait for this to be over and have her feeling like a million bucks!! On a side note, we had all my young womens over for a christmas party... Pictures on their way!!